Founded nearly 200 years ago, Brooklin is no longer an isolated, rural village. Its rich history, combined with a fast-growing population and intense real estate, municipal, and economic development make the area one of the most sought-after areas in which to live.
Part of The Town of Whitby, Brooklin is committed to honouring its architectural and cultural traditions while at the same time embracing change as a rapidly developing modern, urban region.
Brooklin is a fabulous place to live and here are just some of the reasons why:
- MoneySense magazine's Best Places to Live 2012 list ranked Brooklin-Whitby in the top 10% of 190 communities across Canada
- Affordable housing options: from lakeside condominiums and heritage homes to custom-built homes in the countryside
- A community leader in recreation, tourism and cultural facilities and events, with a full, year-round calendar of Community festivals, celebrations, and happenings
- A community devoted to the green cultivation of its land and environment
- A vibrant arts and culture scene, including art galleries, museums, theatres and talent
- The best in Arenas, Community Centres, and Recreation Facilities. (Did you know that Brooklin-Whitby is the owner and operator of Canada's largest multi-use sports complex? Not to mention that this complex, the Iroquois Park Sports Centre is set on 50 acres of beautiful parkland?)
- Brooklin-Whitby maintains 125 parks with 950 acres of active parkland, over 1,000 acres of passive open space and approximately 60km of trails.
- Brooklin-Whitby features the award-winning Port Whitby Marina, the Whitby Yacht Club and many beaches and picnic areas.
The list goes on and on and includes both well-managed senior and youth programs, The Lakeridge Health Whitby Hospital, leading primary and secondary schools, as well as the educational institutes University of Ontario Institute of Technology and Durham College, central Ontario location with easy access to many, many national and international cities.
AND / OR
Give us a call at 905-471-2000 or 416-798-0800
we'd love to take you on a tour of the best
in Brooklin real estate!
© Jane Cotterill Homes 2012